Have you been involved in a motor vehicle accident?
Whether you are at fault or not, panic seems to set in and it’s easy to forget to capture important information that can make it easier to make an insurance claim. Here are a few tips:
Once you’ve made sure everyone is okay, it’s time to swap details. You’ll both need:
1. Date, time and location of the crash
2. The other driver’s details, including: full name and address and License number
3. The other car’s rego number, make and model
4. The car owner’s full name, address and contact numbers (if the driver is not the owner).
1. The name and contact details of a willing witness
2. The name of the police officer, their police station and contact details (if the police attend the crash)
3. The name of the car owner’s insurance company, type of policy and policy number
Being in a crash is always stressful, even if it’s minor. To make sure you remember what details to get from the other driver, it’s a good idea to leave a copy of the above list in your glovebox. You can thank us later.